Friday, January 22, 2010

Inspiration: Parisian Pink


Oh, Paris... le sigh... le swoon... city of light, love, and unending aesthetic inspiration! Never having visited myself, it is on my ever-growing list of places to someday travel. My husband speaks a small amount of French, though as for myself the extent of my knowledge is almost exclusively limited to children's songs and a term of endearment that roughly translates to mean "my little cabbage." Romantic, no? Regardless of my common ways, Paris is a big pull for me... the art, the literature, the food, the fashion... it's all enough to inspire substantial allure. The hubby and I have been talking a lot about travel lately, and all the while we've been compiling a list of both domestic spots to travel in the next year and international places we dream of visiting father down the road. Paris belongs to the latter group, so until then I'll have to get my French fix through Proust, Godard, Parisian Vogue, and worldly friends who travel abroad. Rather recently, a friend who spent a long holiday in Paris gave me a striking deep pink scarf as a gift when she returned home. A classic piece in a surprising hue, the scarf has now become a wardrobe staple, and like any great accessory it seems to brighten up my most basic ensembles. As such, I thought a board in shades of deep, bright, and pale pink paired with smoky lavender would make for an utterly romantic day. It's sweet but not cloying. Lively and flirty, it makes no apologies for being utterly feminine. This look could work for a cocktail party that lingers well into the evening or even an afternoon fête. Either way, très magnifique!

Clockwise from top left: Eiffel Tower Photo via Trip Advisor; Pink Macaroons via NicNacManiac; Divine Deco Claudette Necklace by EMbridal on Etsy; Pink Bouquet by Martha Stewart Weddings; Boutonnieres by Martha Stewart Weddings; Daybed via Matters of Style; Tutu and Top Hat by Glamour via coco + kelley; Eiffel Tower Ring Box by Studio d. Sharp.

ORIGINALLY POSTED AT BEANTOWN BRIDE ON JANUARY 22, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment