Friday, February 5, 2010

Inspiration: Sunny Disposition


Dear Winter, 
I don't wish to be harsh but I must confess... I think we need to take a break from this whole, you know, whatever it is that we have between us and spend some time apart. Please understand: i
t's not you, it's me. The cold hands, the wet socks, the dry skin... well actually, maybe it is you. But seriously, how soon until you pack up your bags and head south? 
(Far From) Affectionately Yours,
 
Pamela

While I adore the fact that living in New England means that I get to experience four distinctly beautiful seasons, I'm also the first to complain about the cold and lack of sunlight this time of year; both features of winter really do me in during these darker months. Fall, summer, spring- all of these seasons I'm glad to greet. But winter, along with all of it's chilly accouterments, falls at the bottom of my list of loves. As such, this inspiration board was born out of my need to inject a little sunshine into my aesthetic life! Yellow this bright makes quite the statement and even color therapy suggests the shade perks you up. That this would be a great look for spring or summer goes without question- it is fresh, bright, and incredibly peppy- but the addition of a few richer citrus hues makes for a style that could also easily work for fall. And, for all the same reasons, wouldn't it be a lovely way to fight off the winter blues if you're having a wedding while there's still a chill in the air? I know that I, for one, would love to walk into a wedding in the dead of winter that was this warm and cheerful. Good day, sunshine!


clockwise from top left: Just Married Personalized Sunshine Banner by Earmark on Etsy; Yellow Boutonnieres by Martha Stewart Weddings, Yellow Baroque Wedding Invitation by Peak A Boo Designs on Etsy; Light Catcher Earrings from Anthropologie; Polaroids via Snippet & Ink; Bride with Bridesmaids in Field via Green Wedding Shoes; Yellow Bouquet by Martha Stewart Weddings; Yellow Shoes Photo by Simply Bloom via Green Wedding Shoes, Couple with Floral Spectacles via Snippet & Ink

ORIGINALLY POSTED AT BEANTOWN BRIDE ON FEBRUARY 5, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment