Monday, December 21, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's almost Christmas- hooray! Which means that it's also almost time for two short work weeks! Most excellent. Also excellent is the fact that my shopping is now done and I can spend the next few evenings wrapping things in pretty bows and decorating the tiny evergreen tree we have yet to purchase. I love choosing presents, wrapping presents, and all of the warm fuzzy feelings that come with giving loved ones something you've chosen especially for them. Which brings me to fun news: Guess what the hubby is getting for Christmas? A banjo! Eeeee! I get to pick it up from The Music Emporium on Mass Ave in Lexington on Wednesday. (Beautiful store, beautiful string instruments, and some handsome help, which doesn't hurt either.) Don't tell! On that note, please enjoy some Pete Seeger. He is wholesome and lovely and full of warm fuzzy feelings. Indeed, with the purchase of this banjo we will be one step closer to someday having a family band. Which reminds me, I should pick up my own guitar more often.

Oh, it's no harder than walking, but I've said many a time, it takes us each a couple of years to learn to walk.



No comments:

Post a Comment