Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's only Tuesday, and I'm already dreaming of the weekend...

To reward myself for a massively busy semester, an awful last few months at work, and some busy new freelance happenings, here is what I am going to treat myself to this weekend, after waking at the crack of noon, of course:
  • An Education at Kendall Square, meaning lush 1960s production design, pre-Beatles Britain, an actress that is supposed to be splendid, and Peter Sarsgaaaaard. The three extra As are because I am drooling at the thought of his sleepy bedroom eyes. This viewing is very overdue.
  • The Closet, for what I hope will be some great retail therapy. At my work Christmas, err, holiday party last week, a girl I work with was wearing the most adorable Erin Fetherston jacket she got from this store for dirt cheap. I think I've heard of the place before, but can't believe I haven't been. According to Yelp, it seems that some of their items can be had for dirt cheap. I obviously must remedy this lapse.
  • Buffalo Exchange to drop off a giant bag of cast offs, in my twice yearly closet purging. Unless I see anything amazing I may just keep the store credit for delayed gratification on another rainy day.
  • Artifaktori, Magpie, and D2 just because.
  • And a fabric store. Which one? Don't know. We've been in Davis a year and a half now, and I have yet to find a local fabric store to call my own. I often shop near Methuen when I'm home because I know where to find what I want. Regardless, I have some projects on the radar for winter break, so I'd like to find a nice local place I can frequent. I have plans to whip up a few dresses, reupholster our chaise lounge, and make some hairpieces for selling on Etsy, the latter because I have tons of silk flowers, grape vine, and other crafty notions left over from wedding projects.

Alright... sadly... back to work...

On this note, I wish I could keep a blog about all of the ridiculous happenings at work lately. The day to day happenings are, no word of a lie, as ridiculous and absurd as The Office. I even share the same story arc as my namesake, that being: Pam begins as receptionist, Pam moves to the sales department, Pam is still asked to perform menial tasks. Except it's not funny and I have no Jim to pass the hours with. Le sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment